Happy Earth Day everyone!
We hope everyone can find a way to do something green to celebrate our earth, this April 22nd.
And in case you need some ideas, here are a few of our favourites:
- Choose your clothesline over your dryer when possible.
- Only put out the blue-box when it’s full.
- Run your dishwasher and washing machine only when full.
Outside the Home:
- Pick up litter as you walk or jog.
- Don’t idle your car – not only is it bad for the environment, but it can ruin your exhaust.
- Spend time outdoors, enjoying nature!
At the Store:
- Shop for products made out of or packaged in recycled content.
- Say no to bottled water.
- Shop at your local stores and businesses.
- Bring your own reusable shopping bags.
In the Yard:
- Water your tree – either by hand or fill up your gator bag.
- Mulch your tree – and remember, mulch in a donut shape around the tree, not a volcano.
- For the Fergus/Elora folks: loosen the blue ribbons tied around your tree.
- Don’t mow your dandelions, they are food for the bees.
We hope you all have a splendid Earth Day!
“The Earth is what we all have in common.”