Earth Day 2021
Happy Earth Day
We hope everyone can find a way to do
something green to celebrate our earth, this April 22nd.
And in case you need some ideas, here are a few
of our favourites:
- Choose your clothesline
over your dryer when possible.
- Only put out the blue-box
when itâ€™s full.
- Run your dishwasher and washing
machine only when full.
- â€œPloggingâ€ –
picking up litter as you walk or jog.
- Donâ€™t idle your
car – not only is it bad for the environment, but it can ruin your
- Spend time outdoors, enjoying
- Shop for products made out
of or packages in recycled content.
- Say no to bottled
- Shop at your local stores and
- Bring your own reusable shopping
- Water your tree – either
by hand or fill up your gator bag.
- Mulch your tree –
and remember, mulch in a donut shape around the tree, not a volcano.
the Fergus/Elora folks: loosen the blue ribbons tied around your tree.
- Donâ€™t mow your dandelions, they are food for the
We hope you all have a splendid
â€œThe Earth is what
we all have in common.â€