Have you ever planted, mulched, or nurtured a young tree, only to find the base of the trunk to be completely torn apart?
Injuries like this are all too common. It takes just seconds for mowers and weed trimmers to inflict this kind of damage. This can affect a tree’s long-term health and can often prove fatal.
What Can Be Done?
Well… there are some options:
One thing all of these options have in common is that they are all made entirely out of plastic. This means – one way or another – every tree guard winds up in a garbage dump.
This is why Neighbourwoods developed Tree Guards. These biodegradable, innovative protectors will help avoid damage to the tree while remaining completely plastic free. If you are interested in purchasing Tree Guards, please email Neightbourwoods@EloraEnvironmentCentre.ca
Neighbourwoods Tree Guards are the answer!
- Breathable – ample airflow to prevent moisture damage.
- Truly Green – made in Canada from 100% recycled paper fibres.
- Customizable – invites your artwork or logo to make it your own.
- Durable – made of specially formulated waterproof cardboard
- Biodegradable – will gradually break down, making this a truly zero waste product.
“We have field tested Neighbourwoods Tree Guards in Caledon and we are 100% pleased. I would recommend them and plan to order them again.”
President of the Caledon Horticultural Society.
Easy to Install
- Just tear the bottom slit to open the Tree Guard
- Place securely around the base of the tree
- Add your donut of mulch to keep it in place …
And.. you’re done!
How long will it last?
Your Tree Guard will last for a growing season and maybe longer. Plan to replace it each spring until the tree’s bark is thick enough to stand on its own.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long will this biodegradable Tree Guard last?
Q: Is the Tree Guard a barrier between mowers and trimmers?
Q: Can I modify my Tree Guard?
Q: Will using this Tree Guard damage my trees?
Q: Will my tree outgrow my Tree Guard?
Q: Will this Tree Guard protect my tree from rodents?
Q: What do I do if weeds grow up through the Tree Guard?
Interested in purchasing Tree Guards?
Please contact Neighbourwoods@EloraEnvironmentCentre.ca to make your purchase today!
CONTACT US | 1-888-713-4088 | Neighbourwoods@EloraEnvironmentCentre.ca