Have you ever planted, mulched, or nurtured a young tree, only to find the base of the trunk to be completely torn apart?
Injuries like this are all too common. It takes just seconds for mowers and weed trimmers to inflict this kind of damage. This can affect a tree’s long-term health and can often prove fatal.
What Can Be Done?
Well… there are some options:
One thing all of these options have in common is that they are all made entirely out of plastic. This means – one way or another – every tree guard winds up in a garbage dump.
This is why Neighbourwoods developed Tree Guards. These biodegradable, innovative protectors will help avoid damage to the tree while remaining completely plastic free. If you are interested in purchasing Tree Guards, please send an email to Neightbourwoods@EloraEnvironmentCentre.ca
Neighbourwoods Tree Guards are effective in many ways:
- Breathability – they have ample airflow to prevent trapped moisture from rotting the base of the trunk.
- Durability – while they may not have the impenetrable shielding strength of plastic, these guards are made of high-quality, recycled cardboard coated with a protective seal to prevent waterlogging.
- Customizable – the surface of the guards a perfectly blank slate to draw designs or logos and make it your own.
- Biodegradable – most importantly, these tree guards are carbon neutral. After a season, they begin their process of breaking down, providing nutrients to nourish the tree.
Tree Guards Features
- Made in Ontario with 100% end-of-life recycled cardboard
- Easy to install – just tear the bottom slit to open the guard and place securely around the base of the tree with a little mulch
- Lasts for an entire growing season
- When its life is up, it will biodegrade, adding zero waste to the landscape and providing nutrients for the tree
- Reasonably priced!
These Tree Guards can be replaced at the start of every spring for the first few years until the bark is sturdy enough to stand on its own.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will this Tree Guard protect my tree from rodents?
Q: Is the Tree Guard a barrier between mowers and trimmers?
Q: Can I modify my Tree Guard?
Q: How long will this biodegradable Tree Guard last?
Q: Will using this Tree Guard damage my trees?
Q: Will my tree outgrow my Tree Guard?
Q: What do I do if weeds grow up through the Tree Guard?
Interested in purchasing Tree Guards?
Please contact Neighbourwoods@EloraEnvironmentCentre.ca to make your purchase today!
CONTACT US | 1-888-713-4088 | Neighbourwoods@EloraEnvironmentCentre.ca